Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market.
The Fresh Thyme Distribution Center Receiving Lead is responsible for continuously developing and having a strong understanding of the receiving procedures and entire warehouse. Needs to understand the products, receiving sop, safety, and put away procedures. A Lead Receiver is responsible for moving product off trucks, inspection of inbound trailer for sanitation, count, monitoring the quality of product, entering it into inventory, and properly putting product in its respective staging location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Sets tone for other receivers in efficient and effective application of receiving best practices.
• Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for process development.
• Train, guide, and coach new receivers.
• Verifies quantities of product received against purchase order.
• Checks and reports damage or obvious quality issues due to refrigeration or inbound freight company handling.
• Follows and enhances sop for labeling, stacking, and put away of inbound receipts.
• Ensures a safe, clean, debris free working environment.
• Utilization of Warehouse Management Systems, RF. Power Warehouse preferred.
• Responsible for following all food safety policy and procedures.
• Performs general housekeeping of warehouse, sweeping and removing debris in aisles.
• Fixes unstable pallets in pick and reserve slots.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Inventory management utilizing RF WMS.
• Grocery retail distribution or wholesale distribution experience. Produce / Fresh Foods preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, RF, (Power Warehouse WMS preferred).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
• Ability to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends when necessary.
• Must have the ability to take initiative when problems arise.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
• Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Understanding of specific knowledge pertaining to Grocery, Produce, and encompassing departments.
• Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
• Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
• Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
• Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
• Balance Frequently 34–66%
• Bend Occasionally 1–33%
• Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
• Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
• Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
• Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
• Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
• Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
• 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
• Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
• Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
• Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
• Lower extremities Never 0%
• Inside – 90% Outside – 10%
• Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.
• Refrigerated and ambient environment 35 to 90 degrees
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.