Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Grocery Clerk is responsible for keeping all store grocery shelves stocked and clean during business hours. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Grocery Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures cleanliness of grocery shelves, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
• Stocks grocery shelves; includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Grocery Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
• Examines the rotation of all grocery products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items.
• Responds positively to customer’s inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products.
• Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
• Monitors the point of purchase signs; ensures a variety of recipe cards, product coupons, promotional material, and information on complimentary foods.
• Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
• Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products.
• Cuts and stacks cases for building grocery displays as well as price and mark merchandise.
• Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products.
• Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
• Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalency degree.
• Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Grocery department processes and procedures.
• Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
• Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
• Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
• Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
• Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
• Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
• Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
• Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
• Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
• Must understand proper handling, preparation, seasonality, and appropriate shelf life of products.
Please click on the short video hyperlink about Fresh Thyme and see what we're all about: