Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Regional Food Service Specialist is responsible for managing day-to-day programs, product execution and operations in all stores to achieve and exceed all company objectives, including sales goals, inventory levels, and Food Service department margins. Aid in the development of new and existing department managers on company standards and procedures, as well as ensure effective and appropriate visual presentation of merchandising, including seasonal planning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for sales, profit, and presentation in all Fresh Thyme Markets within your assigned category.
• Implementation of all company policies, procedures, and merchandising programs
• Develop action plans to achieve maximum results, maximizing cost of goods, coordinate products and inventory levels.
• Daily communication with store level personnel and vendor community
• Train and develop all new managers on department programs
• Help decide all product and sku mix in all stores
• Responsible for helping store level and all aspects of job from shrink control to sales growth
• Maintain cleanliness and organizational standards throughout all stores
• Help maintain a positive, safe and risk free work environment
• Set and Implement plans for effective in-store execution
• Monitor daily sales and selling patterns in all stores through movement report and include help of IT department
• Execute local and in-and-out buys to increase sales and margin
• Partner with the vendor services group in managing resets in regions and ensuring they are completed correctly, on-time, and within budget
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or marketing related field preferred
• High School Diploma required
• Must have a minimum of 5 years professional experience.
• At least 5 years retail grocery experience
• Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Flexible self motivated employee
• Professional demeanor
• Computer skills (written, verbal, and listening)
• Strive to consistently meet and exceed all program objectives
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Flexible and adaptable
• Proven success in meeting performance goals within structured environment
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong work ethic
• Dependable and self-managed
• Possess a personal drive to advance in the organization and gain responsibility
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.