Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2002 - yours should be no different!
The Meat Cutter is responsible for keeping store meat cases stocked and clean during business hours. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Meat Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Stocks meat cases; includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Meat Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
• Ensures cleanliness of meat aisles, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
• Monitors the rotation of all meat products paying particular attention to expired stock.
• Responds positively to customer’s inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection while working the meatcounter; requires selling and cross selling of products.
• Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
• Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
• Monitors that proper temperatures are being maintained at all stages during the production of meat and seafood items.
• Cuts, trays, and packages all of the required meat and seafood products required for the day.
• Maintains the organization, stacking, and rotating of all meat products in the cooler and freezer.
• Uses knowledge of scales, weight measures, and tares to accurately weigh and label meat products; includes packaging and wrapping product and following the proper dating procedures.
• Prepares various specialty meat and seafood products using the recipe standards set by Fresh Thyme; includes using the appropriate ingredients and proper assembly for product being made.
• Maintains proper safety practices and care while using all the cutting accessories available in the meat department; complies with the use of mesh gloves while using a knife.
• Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products.
• Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
• Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalency degree.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience.
• Preferred 2-3 years grocery retail experience in Meat department processes and procedures.
• Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
• Journeyman cutter or apprenticeship program completed preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
• Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
• Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
• Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
• Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
• Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
• Must be able to support and contribute to team goals
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
• Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
• Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
• Must have skills working with knives, tenderizers, grinders, and general meat machinery.
• Must have expert packaging and wrapping skills.
• Ability to cut and weigh various amounts of meat and seafood.
• Understands COOL compliance for seafood products; what country the various products are coming from.
About Fresh Thyme Farmer’s Market:
‘Supermarket of the year in 2016’ by Grocery Headquarters magazine.
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is a full-service specialty retailer focusing on value-priced fresh, healthy, natural and organic offerings. We have opened up over 70 stores since 2013! Our stores boasts an extensive produce department with organic and local fruits and vegetables, a natural meat department, healthy deli foods to go, bakery goods, 300 bulk food bins, dairy and frozen, and health supplement products. At Fresh Thyme, we believe you shouldn’t have to give away the farm to feed your body nutritious food. We’re on a mission to improve the way our communities eat by offering fresh and healthy food at amazing values -all in a vibrant and fun shopping environment, with smiling friendly faces. Our stores don’t follow traditional grocery store design, nor do they have tall aisles or glitzy fixtures. In fact, our stores are so simple and easy to navigate that we don’t number our aisles or hand out store maps. We believe shopping for fresh and healthy food should be easy and enjoyable.
Please click on the short video hyperlink about Fresh Thyme and see what we're all about:
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully:
Fresh Thyme is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Fresh Thyme via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Fresh Thyme in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Fresh Thyme, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Fresh Thyme as a result of the referral or through other means.