Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been growing at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Store Administrator is responsible for managing office personnel and activities to ensure the highest level of productivity. This position will oversee Human Resources functions, accounting duties, accounts receivable, time keeping, various reports, and payroll. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate staff personnel files on all employees.
- Ensures all new hire paperwork is in order before employees begin work, specifically I-9 documentation and background checks; including submitting and making sure background check has cleared.
- Submit all pay forms for new hires, terminations and changes and ensures employee records are appropriately documented.
- Files and follows up on all workers compensation claims and reports status weekly to support office.
- Ensures all employee terminations are documented and submitted to payroll within one business day.
- Initiate and process all customer injury and property damage/loss incidents.
- Initiate and process all employee incidents/injuries according to HR guidelines.
- Provide LOA request forms to ELIGIBLE employees, send all completed LOA paperwork to HR including any supporting documentation (doctor’s notes, incident statements etc.
- Be the liaison between employees and HR, payroll and accounting departments.
- Ensures confidentiality of all employee data and maintains a professional approach to sensitive matters.
- Reconciles daily EFT deposits and EFT off-line declines and charge backs.
- Reconciles all types of tender to the daily sales spreadsheet.
- Submits manufacturer coupons weekly for reimbursement.
- Reports cash, sales, inventory, and accounts payable discrepancies or suspicious activity to the Store Director.
- Reviews department manager workbooks, recognize errors, omissions and communicate corrections to SD and Department Managers.
- Prepares general ledger reports weekly for department manager’s review.
- Enters data for store invoices and/or reconciles invoices to Back Door Receiving system.
- Reviews, corrects, submits, and processes time punches, edits, and information to payroll.
- Prepares corrections and check requests for biweekly payroll.
- Help and train other admins when needed
- Reconciles store payroll to the labor distribution bi-weekly and ensures that labor reported in the general ledger is accurate.
- Responsible for daily audit of ADP reports including OT, Lunch, Zero hours worked report and other reports required from the Store Director and/or Support Office.
- Weekly performance review reporting
- Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies and uniforms.
- Conducts daily audits via Shelvspace app on the store’s IPad.
- Complete weekly ad walks based on the Store Director’s direction
- Act as the SOSSA Administrator
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as directed by the Store Director and/or the Store Administrator Manager.
Education and Experience
- Associates or higher degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience.
- Preferred 2-3 years grocery retail experience in Office Management department processes and procedures.
- Previous experience as an Office Manager is a must.
- Accounting, payroll and HR background required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality with all information to which admins are privy.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
- Prior experience reconciling profit and loss statements.
- Ability to work varied hours/days/holidays as business dictates.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged sitting, standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.