Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been growing at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Natural Living Clerk is responsible for keeping all store natural living shelves stocked and clean during business hours. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Natural Living Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures cleanliness of natural living aisles, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
• Stocks natural living department; includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Natural Living Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
• Examines the rotation of all natural living products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items; including keeping a code date log for the products in order to clear or trade out product before it is set to expire.
• Responds positively to customer’s inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products.
• Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality.
• Monitors the point of purchase signs; ensures a variety of recipe cards, product coupons, promotional material, and information on natural living items.
• Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products.
• Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
• Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalency degree.
• Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Natural Living department processes and procedures.
• Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
• Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
• Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
• Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
• Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
• Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
• Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
• Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
• Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
• Advanced knowledge of Natural Living products and ability to reference customer questions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
• The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully:
Fresh Thyme is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Fresh Thyme via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Fresh Thyme in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Fresh Thyme, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Fresh Thyme as a result of the referral or through other means.