Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been growing at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Store Administrator is responsible for managing office personnel and activities to ensure the highest level of productivity. This position will oversee Human Resources functions, accounting duties, accounts receivable, time keeping, various reports, and payroll. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconciles daily EFT deposits and EFT off-line declines and charge backs.
- Reconciles all types of tender to the daily sales spreadsheet.
- Places and processes gift card orders for store.
- Submits manufacturer coupons weekly for reimbursement.
- Initiates credit applications for all new vendors and sends them to BSO for approval.
- Reconciles receiving reports for vendor invoices daily, and reviews vendor statements.
- Prepares general ledger reports weekly for department manager’s review.
- Enters data for store invoices and/or reconciles invoices to Back Door Receiving system.
- Reconciles monthly vendor statements and maintains detailed vendor invoice files.
- Reviews, corrects, submits, and processes time punches, edits, and information to payroll.
- Prepares corrections and check requests for biweekly payroll.
- Reconciles store payroll to the labor distribution bi-weekly and ensures that labor reported in the general ledger is accurate.
- Acts as the liaison between the employee and the payroll department.
- Maintains accurate staff personnel files on all employees.
- Ensures all new hire paperwork is in order before employees begin work, specifically I-9 documentation and background checks; including submitting and making sure background check has cleared.
- Submit all pay forms for new hires, terminations and changes and ensures employee records are appropriately documented.
- Files and follows up on all workers compensation claims and reports status weekly to support office.
- Enrolls and terminates employees on all benefits plans, including medical, dental and 401(k).
- Ensures all employee terminations are documented and final checks are issued in accordance with state law.
- Reports cash, sales, inventory, and accounts payable discrepancies or suspicious activity to the Store Director.
- Maintains in-store monthly calendar and office supplies.
- Order office supplies and uniforms
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience.
- Preferred 2-3 years grocery retail experience in Office Management department processes and procedures.
- Previous experience as an Office Manager is a must.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
- Accounting and payroll background preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged sitting, standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
About Fresh Thyme Farmer’s Market:
‘Supermarket of the year in 2016’ by Grocery Headquarters magazine.
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is a full-service specialty retailer focusing on value-priced fresh, healthy, natural and organic offerings. We have opened up over 47 stores since 2013! Our stores boasts an extensive produce department with organic and local fruits and vegetables, a natural meat department, healthy deli foods to go, bakery goods, 300 bulk food bins, dairy and frozen, and health supplement products. At Fresh Thyme, we believe you shouldn’t have to give away the farm to feed your body nutritious food. We’re on a mission to improve the way our communities eat by offering fresh and healthy food at amazing values -all in a vibrant and fun shopping environment, with smiling friendly faces. Our stores don’t follow traditional grocery store design, nor do they have tall aisles or glitzy fixtures. In fact, our stores are so simple and easy to navigate that we don’t number our aisles or hand out store maps. We believe shopping for fresh and healthy food should be easy and enjoyable.
Please click on the short video hyperlink about Fresh Thyme and see what we're all about:
About Fresh Thyme Farmers Market
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully:
Fresh Thyme is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Fresh Thyme via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Fresh Thyme in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Fresh Thyme, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Fresh Thyme as a result of the referral or through other means.