Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is a dynamic growth oriented company with a first-in-class Distribution Center that supports all our retail stores throughout an 8 state region. We operate in a fast paced and growing “Fresh and Dry” grocery environment, and offer significant opportunity for learning and advancement. We offer great pay, paid holidays, 401K and encourage a promote-from-within culture. Come join one of the best Distribution Center teams in the retail industry!
The Quality Inspector will be responsible for utilizing quality control procedures which will ensure that the quality of produce received and shipped through the Distribution Center consistently meets or exceeds Fresh Thyme Farmers Market standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Utilize standard operating procedures for the comparison and inspection of inbound product to the warehouse.
· Review any substandard product with the QA Manager, Buyer and the Produce Procurement Manager to determine appropriate decision (receive, reject, ship, hold, etc.)
· Perform daily personal inspection of on hand produce inventory, make recommendations to management for the disposal of all distressed or questionable product.
· Ensure that produce is ready for daily pick cycle.
· Responsible for following all food safety policy and procedures.
· Performs general housekeeping.
· Perform related special tasks as assigned by QA Manager, Lead, or appropriate staff.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma Required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years professional experience
- Preferred distribution/warehouse experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Previous wholesale and/or retail produce inspection or handling experience.
· Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, RFD (Power Warehouse WMS preferred).
- Must be able to work under high volume conditions with little supervision.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with customers, peers, and senior management.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must have advanced knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be proficient with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Prolonged sitting in front of a computer
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending
- Working in a warehouse refrigerated and cold room environments
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Occasional high stress when dealing with staff