Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different!
The Cashier is responsible for the efficient expedition of customer sales transactions at the front registers. Must maintain proper control of cash, ensure customer satisfaction, and safeguard company assets. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Front End Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Walks the store prior to each shift to ensure awareness of promotional and sale items; do produce walk and weekly testing.
• Computes bill, itemized lists, and tickets showing amount due.
• Receives payment by cash, check, credit cards, gift cards, or automatic debits.
• Issues receipts, refunds, credits, rain checks or change due to customers.
• Operates cash register by passing price coded items across electronic scanner to record price, enter in PLU or UPC manually, compile printed list, and display cost of customer purchase, tax, and rebates on monitor screen.
• Greets customers entering store and responds promptly to customer needs.
• Maintains clean and orderly checkout areas and make sure no personnel items are in the area.
• Issues coupons and rain checks.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalency degree.
• Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Front End department processes and procedures.
• Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
• Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
• Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
• Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
• Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
• Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential
• Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
• Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
• Demonstrate ability to use a Point of Sale System (POS).
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
• The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and move and handle bags and/or boxes of merchandise.
Please click on the short video hyperlink about Fresh Thyme and see what we're all about:
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully:
Fresh Thyme is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Fresh Thyme via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Fresh Thyme in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Fresh Thyme, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Fresh Thyme as a result of the referral or through other means.